The robust architecture, expertise needed and integration required has led to companies outsourcing projects to WebCenter Specialized Oracle Partners. Outsourcing provides access to skills, experience and resources that many organizations would not otherwise be able to obtain due to the financial commitment required to recruit, hire and train these specific proficiencies in-house.
Selecting the Specialized Oracle Partner that can best meet your needs is not always as easy as it seems. The following considerations should be taken into account when assessing potential Partners:
- Experience in your industry or vertical market?
- Experience with your specific issue(s) or pain point(s)?
- Experience with your specific IT technology/product set(s) such as database and operating system
- Multiple references – successful with implementations of similar size and scope?
- Experience with specific areas of the WebCenter Suite: Portal, Sites & Content.
Stability and Financial Strength
- Will the chosen provider be around for the long term to support your solution or application?
- Will they offer a Service Level Agreement with Multiple support options (standard support, after hours support?)
- Will they provide end user and administrator training?
- Will they extend the current application (additional features/functionality) or create an entirely new application if/when requirements change?
- Has their staff been employed by the company for some time?
- Do they cross train so that more than one employee is familiar with your solution?
Relationship with Software Manufacturer
Good “fit” for your organization?
| || || |