The original style sheet allowed users to specify additional custom columns named after their custom metadata. It offered two buttons. The first was “submit query’ which invoked the user defined query string located to the left of the button. The second button “update’ would cycle through each of the result records from the query and update the metadata based on the values in the spreadsheet.
I have updated the spreadsheet in two ways. I have added a login button which simply causes a prompt for user credentials. The importance of this button is the reduction in steps needed to update secured content. With the original spreadsheet the user first had to search on public content only and invoke an update which then prompted for credentials after which the user could conduct another search which would then have the credentials to access secured content. With the login button we can now skip this cycle. The second change is a new worksheet which contains configuration variables for the searches. Currently there are three configuration variables including ResultCount, SortField and SortOrder.
Additionally I often get asked how one can use this spreadsheet to update metadata only check-in’s. The trick is an additional column named createPrimaryMetaFile. This column should be set to TRUE if that record represents a metadata only check in.
This file and all updates to it are presented here as-is with no support implied or otherwise. As always, use at your own risk.
| || || |